Information on Passenger Rail in Vermont
1. The Budd RDC
AllEarth Rail owns self-propelled, Budd stainless steel passenger railcars, each a "train in one car." To learn more:
- For a quick read, Wikipedia has a solid introduction to these classic rail diesel cars (RDCs).
- For a stronger grasp of the advantages of Budd cars, we suggest the white paper, The Remarkable Budd Rail Diesel Car (RDC)
- The white paper, Regional Passenger Rail Equipment Options for Service in Vermont, compares the Budd cars to other options for Vermont.
- Glossary of rail terms
- The video below shows Budd railcars in action in the Portland, OR area.
2. Vermont Agency of Transportation
The rail division of VTrans offers maps of all state-owned rail assets and right of ways, as well as private rail systems, for both freight and passenger transport.